Saturday, July 7, 2007

The Birds & the Bee's...and Wrestling?


I thought long and hard for 2 minutes on whether or not I should share this. My conclusion...I should!

Ten year old boys just know everything about everything these days! It was one of the funniest moments of my Mommy-Hood life. And scariest. The kids, a family friend and I were watching T.V. when a sexually suggestive commercial came on. I clammed up on behalf of my son, Kota, as I sneaked a glance over at him just in time to catch him sinking into the couch with his face buried in his hands. I giggled and asked if he was ok. "No mom! That's gross! It's sex!" "Well Kota, no, they're just showing a little affection toward each other." Trying to make light of it. But while we're on the topic...I peek over to see the look on my friends face that was screaming "Please don't ask!" I asked anyway..."So Kota, do you know what sex is?" Oh my goodness, I was so not ready for this one! He instantly gave me that HELLOOOOO look and nonchalantly replies..."Yah, it's rubbing and preferred wrestling". Off the chair I go!!! You couldn't have paid my friend or I a million bucks to stop laughing. To add to his disturbing reply, he actually motioned the rubbing! Which, by where his hands were placed, it appears the outside of a womans shoulders are very appealing to boys his age. What have playgrounds turned into! Perplexed by our reaction he chimed in between our outrageous laughter to say, "Dad really needs to talk to me about the birds and the bee's mom." In walks Dad....