Sunday, July 22, 2007

What Came First?

I spent part of my muggy hot Sunday afternoon hangin' at the County Fair with my Hubby. He's running sound for one of the concert stages this year. Each year Sunday is Free Admission day - so the kids and I said a prayer and headed for some serious over stimulation! First off - are "fair" goers (excluding my family) created in some mad scientist lab on another planet? I go 51 weeks each year without the pleasure of rubbing shoulders with these folks! Which brings me to my second thought - What came first, the Trailer Park or the Tornado? I don't want any hate comments on this one! I am a trailer girl! I lived in a single wide in Missouri far too long and believe I have earned my right to question such things =o Third mind boggling wonder - Am I bad mother for letting my daughter ride the scariest roller coaster at the fair that was assembled in 2 1/2 hours with "6 Finger Eye Patch Jack" at the controls? Or am I just stupid for riding with her?! We blew 40 bucks on 2 rides, one basketball toss, 2 lemonades and 3 teaspoons of mint chocolate chip ice cream in a 16 oz cup! The 4 year old little boy puking on the Tea Cup...priceless! Good times...