Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I did it again!

My Manic Monday started with lots of errands. Bank, Gas (took out a loan for that), quick stop at Target, typical things I guess. I go back home to p/up Kassidi, my daughter, to run yet more errands. On our way back out we throw some left over pizza and their boxes and a bag of trash into my Jeep to dump in the big cans at the end of the driveway. We end up at church with my Hubby recording some music, meet my in-laws there, decide to go with them to lunch. Mom in law drove, I discreetly pop some prozac, we had a fabulous lunch and a few hours later Kass and I get dropped back off at church to get my car.

I fish for my keys, walk toward the car and can't make out a figure in the back seat. I open the door and nearly pass out!!! Something died in here Kass!!! We DO have skunk problems - did one get in here, get stuck, ooze and die?! She looks in from the other side, turns green and says "Mom, you forgot AGAIN!" There sits my trash and pizza! Did I mention it was 97 degrees outside and that I failed to crack any windows! For THREE HOURS!!!

We hop in, she covers her mouth, I try to convince her it's not so bad "I mean Kass, you DO share a room with your little brother." We start for home breaking all posted speed signs, all the windows down, people from behind suddenly backing off, I was Queen of the Road. Then the Caesar Salad's dressing started reintroducing itself and now I'M green! We arrive, dump the toxins, take our pulse and proceed to spray a full bottle of Febreeze in the Jeep!

Friends, I have the memory span of a Goldfish! 5 minutes max! It only takes 40 seconds to get from my house to the trash cans - but 1/2 the time I forget! I have too much on my mind! I read a great post today on Anne's blog re: prioritizing and I quickly became very convicted... So it got me thinking, what do you all do to stay on task? Do you have lists? I tend to fly by the seat of my pants and am finding that's not working too well. Read Anne's post and let her and me know!