Thursday, July 5, 2007

I want her crib back!

Where did she go? My little girl? My first born? When did this happen? I must be coming out of the longest blink in history! My daughter, 13 years old, just left for 2 weeks to camp. She's been to camp many times before. But for some reason this time is really getting to me. Maybe because I'm too aware that I'm getting closer to 40 and she's getting closer to High School. Very sobering. I stood on our front porch as she drove off with the Grandparents as I bawled like a lost child in the supermarket. We live on 2 acres and have quite a long driveway. I was waving furiously as they turned on to the road repeating to myself "Please let her see me - Please let her see me." They started around the curve of the road, the car just out of view and my heart sank. Then the most beautiful sound...3 taps on the car horn. Three taps as if to say "I" "Love" "You"... She saw me!