Monday, August 6, 2007

Am I Really Here?

Have you ever been caught in the middle of something that escalated from completely innocent to high drama? I just have! And it sucks! Can I say that? Already did! It sucks!

I shared a story with a friend this weekend at church to draw a comparison of "then and now" when asked about someone's story. Totally innocent...so I thought. The next day - BOOM! I'm backed into the corner wondering what dimension I just landed in...Jr High possibly??? I ended up on a phone tree having to call all these people to fix a mess that should never have become a mess. In the end, I apologize profusely for the confusion and for causing any hurt only to be told I do not seem sincere. I wish you all knew me better...I'm very real and sincere (with a comedic edge - except for tonight)

So here I sit devastated that I am responsible for unintentionally hurting another person and not being able to do anything about it - and not being understood. I'm devastated that my flesh wants so badly to defend myself even though I have nothing to defend. Christ didn't fight for His last rights. I know - nowhere near the same - just an example.

So...Friends, have you ever been in a situation like this? How did you handle it?

Addendum - Now I'm mad cause I keep rubbing off all my expensive eye cream from these stinkin' tears!