Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Just curious...


I don’t question God….much. There are things that are constant and unchanging about God , truth, salvation and such. What I find myself questioning a lot lately are religious/Christian intent. I think when one is passionate about God and His purpose in their own lives they move with purpose and right motives.

My problem is when you get a bunch of “us” together, our little ideals and “ways of doing things” seeps into the slightest of little cracks and you have things like…”Suits and Dresses only in church! Don’t you have any reverence for the Lord and His house?” Ummm, I’m sorry mam, but this morning while I was in the little girls room (in HIS presence) I was meditating on Gods goodness and praising Him as I shaved…naked, have I no reverence?!

“She didn’t raise her hands during our singing today, she must not have been worshiping.” Your eyes were on her…neither were you!

“Wasn’t the “worship” great today?!” Yes, worship was awesome this morning! I just stood in awe of God when Pastor spoke of His omnipresence! “No, I meant the music.” And I meant the worship.

There’s been a lot of talk about “worship” lately. Check out Mandy, Deb and Brent for great content on this. What is worship? What is it not?
What does worship mean to you? Don't be afraid to chime in here. I really would love to hear everyone's view on this...