Friday, July 20, 2007

Divorce could be genetic?

Really now! Everything is a "disease" these days. I saw this on Yahoo's homepage this morning. I kind of skimmed through it, there was an incredible worship song playing in the back ground. But I got the jest of it anyway, I think. Seems the verdict isn't completely in on whether divorce is circumstantial or genetic. They may be leaning more toward circumstance but here's a quote from the article... "It's also not known whether assortative mating is genetically driven and how that might affect children's genetic propensity for stable or unstable marriages." What?!?! I have to admit I needed to look up "assortative" - not proud of that. It's still suggesting divorce could be innate. Let's just label it what it is - a choice. I know, I know - there are factors such as a myriad of abuses, I am aware of that and a child victim of such abuses. But doesn't a man have a choice to not beat the tar out of a woman? Doesn't a woman have a choice not to have an affair? Doesn't a parent have a choice not to abuse their children? Is it really a genetic flaw that our newborns might be inoculated for some day?