Thursday, July 19, 2007

I am willing - but not


This afternoon as I sat in a meeting that I barely had time for, didn't find out about until yesterday, struggling to pay attention, when one question posed caught my ear and convicted me immediately. Question: What am I not willing to do that the Lord is asking of me? Doh!

I have pondered this in my head all day and have come to a realization. It would take less time to state what I AM willing to do than what I AM NOT willing to do. Is that pathetic or what? Maybe it's just where I am at today, but maybe not. But here I tried to balance the two...

I am willing to hear God - but not always willing to listen
I am willing to seek God - but not always willing to be found
I am willing to surrender - but not always entirely
I am willing to serve - but not always unselfishly
I am willing to sacrifice - but not always everything
I am willing to trust - but not always believe
I am willing to risk it all for Him - but not always...

I guess I'm willing to be honest....How about you?