Thursday, August 9, 2007

Tagged!

So I get a heads up from Mandy last night that Brent and I are getting a Marriage Tag and she felt strongly to tell us both not to compare answers..."Yes Mom" AND...we didn't! Yay! I haven't read Brent's answers yet but it's on his blog too!

Thanks Mandy - it was lots of fun! You have to check out her answers folks - GREAT stuff!


OK - so, NO, B and I are not comparing answers! This oughta be fun!

1- In 9 days, August 18th, we will be married for 16 years! Makes us sound old but we’re not! We’re both 36 and feel, and hopefully look, a lot younger! We have a 10 yr old son and 13 yr old girl.

2- He asked me to marry him on October 10th 1990. But if I have to be honest here - I actually asked him this…”So when are you gonna ask me to marry you?!” We’d been dating 2 months…SLACKER!

3- Our wedding cost 500 big whopping dollars! His father married us, his brother was his best man, HIS mom was my best woman! I designed my own dress (I can still fit into it - yay!!!) We had 600 people at our wedding, 8 of which we knew. And our pictures will show Brent sporting a Mullet! And I STILL married him!

4- Our song was Steven Curtis Chapmans “I Will Be Here”… I still tear up when I hear that!

5- I love and enjoy being with Brent more than I do anyone else on this planet! I can not think of a better person to spend my time with…”He completes me!” Oh my gosh - that is even funnier to type!!!

6- God could call us to the furthest corner of the world and it would be “home” and “right” simply because Brent would be there!

7- I have no idea what B’s answers will be - but I bet he will be more deep than me…It’s all about brownie points with him! Hee-Hee! But I’m not wasting #7 on that remark…

7a- We very seldom argue or fight. Less than a handful of times. But boy can we have a deep and intense discussion???!!!! We’ll “intensely discuss” anyone to their knees in despair =o

8- 8 already! I became a Christian, literally, days before we started dating. B knew the pit from where I had come from. He knew the life I had lived. He knew “most” things I had done. And yet he saw me as the “New Creation” I was. He showed me, from the very beginning, what it meant to have the character of God…he showed me grace and mercy… I will forever be indebted to my husband for choosing to love the “new me” and never holding the “old me” against me! I love you B!!!!