Monday, August 13, 2007

What a day!


Kimball, my father in law, is having surgery first thing in the morning. He should be in recovery by 8:30 a.m. I do not know how soon after I will be able to post - but I will try to asap.

I saw him last on Friday. He looked terrible to be perfectly honest. Very gray and yellow in color - lifeless. Today I walked in his room and he was pink! It was the most beautiful shade of pink I have ever seen! And it was on him!

I think I should share with you all very quickly here why Kimball means so much to me. My real father (whom I refer to as sperm donor - just being honest) left when I was 3. It's a much longer story than that - but for sanities sake that's all I'll say. There were other "father figures" in my childhood that were extremely abusive. I never had a positive male figure in my life. Then all in one year, at age 19, I met the most amazing 3 male figures - The Lord, my husband and my precious Kimball. The Lord is my Father - Brent is the father for my children I always wanted and dreamed of, Kimball is the picture perfect dad I longed for my whole entire life! He is my dad! And no one can tell me any different! He is a man of integrity, class, compassion, respect, godliness, discernment, wisdom, knowledge, gentleness and love. He has always considered me his own and has treated me, from the very beginning, like his special little girl. And I love him as my own dad... Sorry, that wasn't quick...

As Kimball heads in to heart surgery this verse comes to mind. It's actually out of our favorite Psalm....Psalm 73:26 "My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart, he is mine forever."

God is our hope!